Shows & Awards
My work has received recognition from American Illustration, 3x3 Magazine, the Society of Illustrators (NYC), the Society of Publication Designers, Print, Art-Competition.net, the Society of Illustrators of Los Angeles, Artavita and Applied Arts. My paintings have been displayed in many galleries including the Museum of American Illustration (NYC), Gallery-Henoch (NYC), the Smithsonian Hirshhorn Museum (Washington D.C.), Gallery 110 (Seattle WA), The Studio Door (San Diego CA), David Anthony Fine Art (Taos NM), Arte Ponte Gallery (NYC), Whatcom Museum (Bellingham WA), Gallery 25N (Online gallery), POP Gallery (Santa Fe NM), Greg Moon Art (Taos NM), Contreras Gallery (Tucson AZ), Tubac Center of the Arts (Tubac AZ), Meadows Gallery (University of Texas at Tyler), Axis Gallery (Sacramento CA), The Center for Contemporary Political Art (Washington DC), Blackboard Gallery (Camarillo CA) and was part of the Museum of American Illustration 2000-2001 Traveling Exhibition (40 selected works).
Upcoming, Current & Recent Shows
"64 ARTS 2019" (national juried show)
Buchanan Center for the Arts
64 Public Square
Monmouth IL 61462
Oct. 22 - Dec. 13, 2019, Tue - Fri, 10am - 5pm & Sat, 10am - 2pm
Opening: Oct. 25th, 5 - 7pm
"White Rabbit" (national juried show)
Dab Art @ H Gallery
1793 E. Main St.
Ventura CA 93001
Oct. 19 - Dec. 8, 2019, Wed - Sat, 1 - 5pm
Opening: Oct. 19th, 6 - 8pm
"Thirtieth International Juried Exhibition, Part 2"
Viridian Artists, Inc.
548 West 28th St.
New York, NY 10001
Nov. 12 - Dec. 7, 2019, Tue - Sat, 12 - 6pm
Opening: Nov. 14th, 8pm
"Just the FACs, Ma'am: Fitzsimmons Aagaard Carlson"
110 East 6th St.
Tucson AZ 85705
Sept. 7 - 28, 2019, Wed - Sat, 10am - 3:30pm
Opening: Sept. 7th, 6 - 9pm
"View Point 51, 2019" (national juried show)
Cincinnati Art Club/Art Design Consultants Gallery
310 Culvert St., 5th floor
Cincinnati OH 45202
Aug. 30 - Sept. 20, 2019, Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm
Opening: Aug. 30th, 6 - 9pm
Blackboard Gallery/Studio Channel Islands
2222 E. Ventura Blvd.
Camarillo, CA 93010
Jun. 1 - Jul. 20, 2019
Tue - Fri, 11am - 5pm & Sat, 11am - 3pm
Opening: June 1st, 4 - 7pm
"Bellingham National 2019 Juried Art Exhibition & Awards"
Whatcom Museum (Lightcatcher Bldg.)
250 Flora St.
Feb. 2 - May 19, 2019
Wed - Sun, 12 - 5pm
"Brownsville Museum of Art 47th International Art Show"
Brownsville Museum of Art
660 E. Ringgold Street
Brownsville, TX 78520
Mar. 27 - Apr. 27, 2019
Tue, Thu, Fri: 10am - 4pm, Wed: 10am - 8pm, Sat: 9am - 4pm
"Defining the Art of Change in the Age of Trump" (national juried show)
Center for Contemporary Political Art - Mather Studio
916 G Street NW, 2nd floor
Washington DC 20001
Sept. 30 - Nov. 14, 2018
Wed - Sun, 12 - 6pm
“Spin Cycle” along with "Giant On Holiday", "God According to Voltaire" & "Blinded by Delight Redux" received the following recognition:
3rd Prize Winner (Premium Artist 4 Page Presentation in "International Contemporary Masters" Vol. 13, Oct. 2019) - "Artavita 32nd Contest" @ www.artavita.com (selected 3rd from 4,185 entries)
“Blinded by Delight Redux” received the following recognition:
1) 1st Place Award - "The Next Big Thing 2019" at the Blackboard Gallery/Studio Channel Islands (Camarillo CA)..... juried by Mat Gleason
2) American Illustration "AI38 Selected Winner" (selected to appear in the 2019 American Illustration 38 Annual - 386 images selected from over 7,000 submissions)
3) 2nd Place Winner of "Mind Spirit Emotion 2018" international fine art online juried competition - "Art-Competiton.net" @ www.art-competition.net
“She's a Concept, More or Less” received the following recognition:
1st Place Award (Oil painting category) - The Lincoln Gallery 2019 National Fine Arts Show (Loveland CO)
“Swamp Shell Game” received the following recognition:
Honorable Mention (Gallery) - 3x3 Pro Show No. 16 Competition
“Ma Nature Revisited” received the following recognition:
1) 1st Prize Winner (front cover of "Current Masters" Vol. 4, 2019) - "Artavita 30th Contest" @ www.artavita.com (selected 1st from 3,764 entries)
2) Merit Award (Gallery) - 3x3 Pro Show No. 15 Competition
3) Winner (Gallery) - Applied Arts 2018 Photography & Illustration Awards
4) Certificate of Merit (Unpublished) - Illustrators 60 (Society of Illustrators)
5) Silver Award (Gallery) - Illustration West 56 (Society of Illustrators of Los Angeles)
“Being Jare (w/apologies to Chauncey Gardiner)” received the following recognition:
1) Merit Award (Unpublished) - 3x3 Pro Show No.15 competition
2) Winner (Unpublished) - Applied Arts 2018 Photography & Illustration Awards
3) Shortlist (Unpublished) - Communication Arts 2018 Illustration Competition
“Trumpcula: Old Habits Die Hard” received the following recognition:
"The Christopher E. Burke Fine Art Grant" winner of "RED 2018" international fine art online juried competition - Gallery 25N online gallery @ www.gallery25n.com